Thursday, December 10, 2015

Well excitingly I said goodby to this painting at the Emerald Downs Equine jury-ed exhibition.  I am a little sad to part with it.  I've become a bit attached and now there's a rather large bare spot on the wall of my bedroom.  I suppose I will have to paint another......

I hope  I can be forgiven for a bit of boasting, I'm mostly righting this for my benefit.....   This painting received second place at a jury-ed show at PLU (very exciting!) and I didn't impress the judges at the  Emerald Downs show, but I know many of the viewers enjoyed it and I heard more than one person make plans to buy it.  (If that doesn't make you feel good I don't know what would)

One woman told me she wished she was ridding the palomino..... another gentleman excitedly began telling me about a carousel he liked that had the rings and everything..... One of the Emeralds owners of told me she sees much of the same thing at the art show and this piece was different and imaginative......I think one of my favorites was a couples staring at it with their glasses of wine saying the concept really blew their mind. (maybe there was more than wine involved) lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment